Parts Of A Guitar- An Anatomical Study
It is not as important as we learn’t the parts of our body in our school days as it is to learn the parts of a guitar.Irrespective of whether you are a budding guitarist or you can play like Mark Knopfler, I believe it good to know the parts of a guitar.Even though the guitar industry has branched out into making different kinds of guitars( acoustic, electric, semi-acoustic, classical ), the basic parts of a guitar remain the same. The Desichords team has created this infographic which will help you to know your guitar better in terms of knowing its parts and also find below explanation on function of each guitar part.
Parts Of A Guitar – An infographic by the team at Desichords
Parts of a Guitar:
1. HeadStock: The head stock is located at the top end of the guitar and it contains the mechanism to adjust the tension of strings.
2. Tuning Keys: The keys help to tune the guitar or alter the pitch.
3. Nut: You can find this at the joint where headstock connects the fret-board. It is a small strip of plastic or bone which help the even lateral placement of strings.
4. Frets: These are metal strips entrenched on the fret-board and they are embedded at exact points with the help of a mathematical formula that divides the scale length.
5. Strings: The standard guitar is made up of 6 strings. They are usually made of metal, polymers and other stuff.
6. Neck: Everything above the sound board constitutes the neck of the guitar,which is in the form of a wooden extension. The neck is made up of headstock, tuning keys, nut, frets and fretboard.
7. Sound Hole: The sound is nothing but a hole in the upper sound board. This is usually found on an acoustic guitar which helps to project the sound more efficiently.
8. Sound Board: Sound board is the surface of the stringed instrument against which the strings vibrate.
9. Bridge: The bridge transfers the vibration to the soundboard from the strings.
If you want to add more to this post, please do so in comments!